Thursday, June 14, 2007

We'll Always Have Paris...Unfortunately.

Are you as sick of hearing about Paris Hilton as I am? Yeesh. Nothing against her - in fact, I offer her kudos for using the sickening desires of mass-media to her advantage. But do we need daily updates on her jail term?

Within 20 miles of my location (an undisclosed concrete bunker in the foothills of Cape Cod sand dunes) there had to been 20 DUI's in the past week at least. But nobody, not one paper covered them other than in the police blotter. Neither the New York Times, LA Times, Fall River Herald, or even blogger.com bothered to do an indepth expose of Shawn Fecalmeyer. Why? 'Cause nobody cares about Shawn Fecalmeyer and his love affair with pineapple margaritas.

Why is Paris any different? This just in...Paris Hilton is biting her nails over the jail-house sink - is this just one more item to list on her nasty addictions? Please.

Maybe someday, The National Enquirer, People, and Star will only get attention on eBay....because they're antiques. Oh, if only the folks and the mass-media they support were more focused on issues of real concern...like the epidemic of squirrels running out in front of my car. Maybe someday.

For me, the next time I'm going 'google' Paris Hilton is when I'm looking for a hotel in France!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home